Space Coast Quilters Guild, Inc.
15 Reasons for Buying Fabric
1. It insulates the closet where it is kept.
2. It helps to keep the economy going. It is our patriotic duty.
to support cotton farmers, textile mills and fabric shops.
3. It is less expensive and is more fun than psychiatric care.
4. Because it is on sale.
5. A sudden increase in the boll weevil population.
6. The one who dies with the most fabric wins.
7. It keeps without refrigeration.
8. You don't have to cook it to enjoy it, you never have to feed it,
change it, wipe its nose or walk it.
9. I need the extra weight in the trunk of my car for traction
if I ever drive on snowy icy roads again.
(Weather is changeable, even in Florida.)
10. God made me do it.
11. Like dust, it's good for protecting previously empty spaces
in the house; like the ironing board,
the laundry hamper, the dining room table.....
12. When the big hurricane comes, all the fabric shops
might be washed out into the Gulf and never be seen again.
13. Stress from dealing with the Fabric Control Officer (my husband)
made me do it.
14. It's not immoral, illegal or fattening.
15. It calms the nerves, gratifies the soul, and makes me feel good.
From the Beeline, Utah Quilt Guild
With revisions for Florida